Taking from the natural beauty & strength of quartz rock, KOVASTONE has created a countertop surface that outperforms granite. Many appreciate its:
For installation instructions,
Stone Installation Standards Guide
Why Kovastone?How does Kovastone compare to the competition?
Let take a moment and explore the difference between Kovastone and many of its competitors.
1. What is KOVASTONE?
KOVASTONE is an extremely durable manufactured quartz surface that has a variety of uses: countertops, floor tile, vanities, fireplace surrounds, wet bars, showers, etc. It has the natural look and feel of granite, but with superior performance because of its strength and durability. It is nonporous and will not absorb food and liquids like other natural stone surfaces, which means it does not need to be sealed.
2. Does KOVASTONE require care and maintenance?
No, KOVASTONE is maintenance free because it is nonporous. Simply wipe it up with warm water, use mild soap if desired. So unlike granite, it does NOT require regular sealing and is resistant to staining.
3. Is KOVASTONE heat resistant? Can I put a hot pan or pot on it?
KOVASTONE is more resistant to damage from heat than most natural stone surfaces. Generally any stone surfaces can be damaged by sudden and rapid change of temperature, as well as direct or sustained heating on the surface. KOVASTONE may not withstand the direct transfer of heat from pots and pans and other cooking units such as electric frying pans and griddles, and some crock-pots or roaster ovens and heat lamps. Therefore, the use of a hot pad or trivet is always recommended.
4. Does the limited warranty cover damage from heat?
No. The use of a hot pad or trivet is always recommended.
5. Is KOVASTONE resistant to staining? Will KOVASTONE stain?
KOVASTONE's nonporous surface provides resistance to staining and eliminates the need for any sealing. Its nonporous surface also greatly reduces the potential for bacterial growth from food absorbing in your countertop.
6. Is KOVASTONE safe for food preparation?
Yes, KOVASTONE is nonporous making it practically impenetrable to bacteria and mold. This makes for an extremely safe surface for food preparation when it is kept clean.
7. How many colors is KOVASTONE available in?
Visit our Color Palette to see our complete color selection.
8. Does the color go all the way through the KOVASTONE product?
Yes, KOVASTONE's natural quartz and rich colors go all the way through the material.
9. Do you offer a warranty? What does the warranty include?
KOVASTONE offers a General Warranty Policy for product defects for as long as the original owner owns the product. Click here to review the warranty.
Its hard, nonporous surface makes KOVASTONE simple to clean. In most cases, soap and warm water is all that is required to maintain its luster. If necessary, a non-abrasive cleanser such as Soft Scrub Liquid Gel with Bleach or Comet Soft Cleanser Cream With Bleach can be used. Adhered materials like food, gum or nail polish can be scraped away with a plastic putty knife; any marks left by the blade can be removed with Soft Scrub Liquid Gel. Thoroughly rinse the surface with clean water to remove residue. KOVASTONE prides itself in providing our customers a virtually care-free surface, but as with any product, excessive abuse can harm its finish. With a small amount of care, your KOVASTONE surface will look as great as the day you bought it for years to come.
1. This warranty policy applies to installation of KOVASTONE quartzstone countertop products in residential properties only. The warranty excludes use of KOVASTONE quartzstone products in commercial properties and/or for commercial purposes.
2. KOVASTONE warrants to the owner of the original installation that KOVASTONE quartzstone countertop products, when installed in accordance with reasonable industry standard procedures by an authorized agent of KOVASTONE shall be free of material manufacturing defects for a period of 5 (five) years from the date of completion of the installation of the KOVASTONE product, provided that all terms in this Warranty apply and have been duly adhered to.
3. This warranty shall not cover warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and no warranty whatsoever shall be made with regard to materials produced or provided by manufacturers other than KOVASTONE.
4. KOVASTONE’s sole responsibility and limited liability under this warranty shall be to repair or replace, at KOVASTONE’s reasonable discretion, products shown to be defective during the warranty period, provided that all terms in this Warranty apply and have been duly adhered to. This warranty shall not cover installation of the KOVASTONE products. This warranty shall not cover loss of profits, business interruption, consequential, special, punitive or other similar
5. Color variations are not covered under this warranty. Uneven surfacing that s natural to the quartzstone shall not be covered under this warranty.
6. In the event of manufacturing defects with the KOVASTONE product, prompt notice by the original owner must be provided in writing of any alleged defects that appear, with such notice containing the date that the defect was first observed, a description of the defect, and photographs properly dated close to the date that the effect was first observed. KOVASTONE’s authorized agents must be permitted to inspect the products. All decisions regarding the manufacturing defects shall be made by KOVASTONE and shall be final and binding on all parties. Original owner must have unequivocal proof and documentation that he or she is in fact the original owner. This covenant applies to manufacturing efects only. Labor-related or installation defects are warranted for one (1) year from date of installation only.
7. Additional Terms of Warranty:
A. Warranty applies only to permanently installed KOVASTONE products that have not been moved from the original installation and have not been tampered with by any third parties whatsoever other than authorized agents of KOVASTONE. This warranty does not cover additional modifications to the product or installation.
B. Warranty applies only to surfacing materials. Flooring applications are excepted from this warranty. This warranty does not cover outdoor installations.
C. Warranty cannot be transferred or assigned by original owner. Once ownership has transferred from original owner, warranty automatically expires.
D. To claim under this warranty, notice as described in Paragraph 6 supra must be submitted in writing by U.S. post to: Granite Expo Installation Company, 1368 40 th Street, Emeryville, California 94608, facsimile: (510) 658-1239 or the location of KOVASTONE as recorded at the time of warranty claim, if said location is different from the one so written. A copy of the original invoice or signed installation agreement must accompany the written notice.
E. Any damage to KOVASTONE products found to be intentional or as a result of original owner’s negligence, sole, contributory, or otherwise, shall not be covered by this warranty. The discovery of any supervening or intervening cause of damage to the KOVASTONE products shall not be covered by this warranty. This warranty shall not cover improper use or abuse. All uses of KOVASTONE products must be reasonable, or else this warranty shall not apply. This warranty does not cover damage as a result of natural disasters or other “acts of God.”
F. This warranty shall not cover any mishandling or misuse, any damage as a result of application of excessive heat or intentional exposure to weather conditions, physical or chemical abuse or mishandling.
G. Routine maintenance and minor conditions such as surface stains or water spots shall not be covered by this warranty. This warranty covers material defects in the product only.
H. This warranty shall not cover products installed with a known or visible manufacturing defect at the time of installation, including but not limited to color variations.
8. KOVASTONE shall not be responsible for either contract or tort damages for any losses arising out of the use or the inability to use the products covered in this warranty.